Saturday, October 4, 2008

Time of year

I have decided that I don't like this time of the year. I don't ever get to watch General Conference on either day because I am the one trying to keep the kids quiet so Rod can watch it. So while he is watching it, I am either in the other room or downstairs trying to keep three 6 yr olds happy and it really makes me hate this time of the year. I don't mean to be a "Debbie Downer", but I have to say it has been YEARS since I watched conference or even read it in the Ensign. For once I would love to be able to watch it and get something out of it.


Hope you all enjoy your weekend.

4 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Hey! Found your Blog on Someone elses site, glad to see you in the Blogging world! I know you are not the only one that feels this way. I guess mine still take naps so I can postpone there nap a little until the afternoon session (2 out of 4 sessions) but still it is really hard to watch conference. Thank goodnes for the internet and the Ensign! Have a Great day! Oh and maybe we should set up a babysitting system next year, we can get four families in on it and each family watches all the kids during one of the sessions, the other three get to watch! I know pretty random idea. :0)

Anonymous said...

I got a few e-mails about confrence packets that help kids participate in confrence. That might help. That is discouraging, sorry:)

Dacia said...

Bummer that you don't get to listen to conference. My husband always buys the cds after so we can listen to them whenever. You can even listen to it on the computer or on an mp3. Kinda cool how much technology there is today :)

Thanks for always visiting my blog and leaving kind comments.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you missed conference Ro, it was a good one. We always sit down as a family and watch it. I give the girls some little coloring sheets and they are good for the full hour in the morning and then afternoon session is naptime for them so we are good to go then too. You can still catch it online, I know it's not the same but it's still good!!