Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last Day of School

Friday was the last day of school for the kids. WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!! Plus it was my Birthday so what better thing to happen but have the kids out of school for the summer. I went to the Temple that morning and than went to the school to pick the kids up and I took them to Subway. From there we went to Sam's Club for groceries and came home to play. They ended up next door at their cousins house playing with them while I put groceries away. I decided because it was my birthday I was not going to do any house work and I DID NOT DO ANY, which I never do this, but it was nice. The house was a TOTAL MESS on Saturday and to be honest I just did not care. My in-laws took the kids and I out to dinner that night and for the whole day I did not have to fix a meal. What a great way to celebrate a birthday and I HIGHLY recommend it.

I am so excited to have the kids home for the summer and for all the fun we are going to have together. Hope all of you have a wonderful summer and I can't wait to hear how it goes.

7 comments:

Dacia said...

Happy late birthday! That's so awesome that you had such a great birthday without the housework! My kind of birthday!!

Nikki said...

Happy Late Birthday! It sounds like you had a fantastic day. I love when the kiddos are home too.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day. The kids get out the day before my b-day:)I will have to take a note out of your book and live it up! Glad you had fun. Enjoy the summer. Maybe we can meet up in IF and go to the zoo or something.

jessica + clay said...

Dang, I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy late one! Nice that you didn't have to clean or anything, you make Rod do that ;) Question, do you happen to remember that Open House that you took your Body Shop stuff to that Carol and us came to and that jewelry lady was there? Do you know who that was or how I could get a hold of her?

Morgan said...

Happy belated birthday! I am glad you had such a great day! I love not doing housework! Yay for birthdays!

Erin Camp said...

Happy Birthday Woman! Have fun this summer with the kids home.

conner posse said...

Hellooo!! Just catching up on all your blog entries! Hey, I just celebrated a b-day, too - may 26th! So happy belated to you! I was going to type more but now my baby is screamingggg.... :O)